AGREEMENT TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
Camp Nyroca is operated by The Scout Association (SA Branch), hereby referred to as Scouts SA, governing the terms & conditions set out below.
1: MAKING A BOOKING
The information provided on this website in relation to the provision of accommodation or other services by us constitutes an invitation to treat and is not capable of acceptance by you. Any booking you make, or order you place, constitutes an offer made by you to purchase the relevant accommodation or service. If you offer to purchase accommodation or a service, then such offer is made on the basis that you acknowledge and agree to the Booking Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
A contract in relation to your offer is formed once we process your payment. Bookings made verbally or via email must be confirmed within seven days by accepting the booking terms electronically and payment of the deposit. Unconfirmed bookings will not be held beyond this period. Where applicable, full payment for additional persons is required on arrival, unless arranged otherwise.
2: BOOKING PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bunkhouse and Sole Occupancy Bookings – Tentative bookings can be held for seven days. To confirm your reservation, a booking form (completed and signed) must be submitted accompanied with the required reservation deposit amount. Management reserves the right to release the space for resale if confirmation is not received within seven days. The initial reservation deposit amount is fully refundable if cancellation occurs within 30 days of payment and more than 60 days before scheduled arrival, and forfeited thereafter. Full payment is due 60 days before arrival. In the case of any additional use of activity equipment, extended stay or increase in numbers you will be issued a final invoice at the end of or after your stay. If cancellation occurs with less than 60 days from date of arrival, the hirer will pay 50% of total hire fee. If cancellation occurs with less than 45 days from date of arrival, the hirer will pay 100% of the total hire fee. When booking is made with less than 30 days from travel, full payment is required and is non-refundable or transferable to another date for any reason. Management may, at its discretion, agree to a request to transfer the booking to a new date.
- Camping Bookings – Full payment is required upfront to secure a booking. Due to the exclusive nature of the site – with a limited number of spaces available – bookings are non-refundable but may be transferred to a new date (mid-week or standard weekend) or another person at the discretion of Management.
- Extenuating Circumstances Policy – This Extenuating Circumstances Policy explains how cancellations are handled when unforeseen events beyond your control arise after booking and make it impracticable or illegal to complete your reservation. This Policy applies to reservations for both accommodation and experiences. When this Policy allows for cancellation, it controls and takes precedence over the above cancellation policy. A full transfer/credit, refund or other consideration will be issued in the following instances:
- Site closure. Camp Nyroca is closed on days declared with Catastrophic Fire Danger Rating.
- Dangerous weather conditions. Management declared planned activities or general site unsafe for occupancy due to particularly dangerous weather conditions.
- Declared emergencies and epidemics. SA Government declared emergencies, epidemics, pandemics and public health emergencies and associated restrictions of the time.
- Government travel restrictions. Travel restrictions imposed by a governmental agency that prevent or prohibit travelling to, staying at or returning from Wangary, South Australia.
3: EARLY DEPARTURES OR NO-SHOWS
No refunds are given for unused portions of your booking, including no-shows and early departures or cancellations where you or your party has arrived at the park. A no-show is when you do not check-in on the day of your booking.
We reserve the right to refuse entry into the park:
- if we reasonably determine that you, or someone in your party, could present a risk to the health or safety of our staff or other guests at the park; or
- for any other reason we so determine in our discretion (including for our own purposes).
A full refund will be issued if this occurs unless our refusal is because you or your party presents a risk to the health or safety of our staff or other guests at the park, or because of your breach of these terms and conditions.
4: RESPONSIBLITIES OF THE HIRER
4.1) You must ensure at all times that your party complies with these terms and conditions. You agree that any breach of these terms and conditions by your party will constitute a breach by you.
You and your party must at all times:
- obey all park rules, guidelines and signage and reasonable requests from park staff;
- abide by the signed speed restrictions in the park;
- take care for your own safety and the safety of others; and
- safely and securely stow your possessions.
4.2) You must ensure that persons under 18 years of age (minors) in your party are accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times whilst at the park. You acknowledge that there will be third parties present in the park during your stay and that we are not responsible for the acts or behaviour of those parties. It is your responsibility to ensure the personal safety, welfare and protection of all minors in your party at all times during their stay at the park.
4.3) Smoking or vaping is not permitted in or around any park facilities (including indoor spaces, shelters and areas in or around activities). If we consider that you or your party has smoked in an accommodation venue, you will incur a $500 cleaning fee.
4.4) You and your party must respect the comfort of others staying in park at all times. Any unruly behaviour, excessive noise, drunkenness, bad and/or offensive language will not be tolerated and may result in you and your party being evicted from the park without refund. Quiet time in the park is after 10pm every day, and we may require you to refrain from any behaviour we consider may be disruptive to other guests of the park and issue a $500 fine.
4.5) All recreational activities are undertaken solely at the risk of the participant. You are responsible for supervising and ensuring the safety of any minors in your party undertaking recreational activities.
4.6) If Scouts SA provide safety equipment in relation to undertaking recreational activities at the park you and your party must use that safety equipment when undertaking the recreational activity.
4.7) Helmets must be worn at all times when using bicycles, skateboards, scooters or any other wheeled toy.
4.8) You and your party agree to keep the hired property in good repair and condition, returning it in the same state as it was at the commencement of the period of hire and will reimburse the owner for the cost of repairing any damage incurred to the hired property or its contents during the period of hire.
4.9) Scouts SA will not be responsible for the cost of theft, loss or damage to property or personal effects of the hirer, nor the hirers’ staff, delegates, guests or visitors. Lost Property is kept for one week, then donated to a charitable organisation.
4.10) Fires are only permitted in designated fire circles/drums and outside of fire ban season (dates may vary due to seasonal conditions).
4.11) For their safety, the safety of others and the safety of our wildlife, it is a strict requirement that pets brought onto the property are kept on lead at all times.
4.12) Please be aware that Scouts SA may take photos/video during your visit for marketing purposes. Please inform us if you do not want your photo taken.
INFORMATION WE PROVIDE –
Whilst we take care to confirm that the information on our website is correct, current and free from errors, we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of, or any representations made in information on our website, any website that links from our website, or any information received as a result of using our website.